Sunday 28 June 2015

Message in a Bottle

I’m at a Barnes and Noble in Texas reading PostSecret books. I’ve always wanted to find a secret in a book, but never have, until now.
Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 11.22.58 AM
It was a sad secret tucked in the page with other secrets about fathers. My heart breaks because today would have been my older brothers 37th birthday. PostSecret helps me remember I’m not the only one with sadness or pain.

This secret though hit another spot. It helped remind me to be kind to each human being. I don’t know if that secret was left by the boy who put the book down just before I grabbed it, or someone from weeks ago. But just as people don’t know my pain and sadness today because I wear a smile, I too do not know their pains.

I’m taking the secret. I’m going to keep it in my purse to remind me of this day. I am not alone. Thanks for leaving that secret.

Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 8.56.01 AM
Found this in the library’s copy of A Lifetime of Secrets. I was shocked, because it’s my secret too
.

1111

secretstash

Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 9.02.22 AM

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 12.50.43 PM[1]

sticker

No comments:

Post a Comment